Physio Comes To You in Sheffield
We are pleased to provide our mobile physiotherapy services in Sheffield and the surrounding areas. Our team of highly skilled physiotherapists will travel to your location taking away the need to visit a clinic with set opening hours. We have flexible and convenient appointment times available during the evenings and weekends minimising any disruption to your day.
Sheffield has some beautiful attractions from the tropical butterfly house to the Botanical gardens boasting more than 5000 species of plants.
If you are suffering from pain, discomfort or injuries caused by your sporting hobbies, long hours at a desk or hectic lifestyle, our physiotherapists are on hand to help you. We provide comprehensive assessments within 24 hours at an affordable price. Our experienced physiotherapists will design a personalised plan with full guidance and support throughout the treatment.
Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Services for children
We offer a wide range of physiotherapy and rehabilitation services such as sports massage, taping treatment, cardiac rehabilitation and occupation physiotherapy. In addition to these, we provide:
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Personal Training
- Post Surgery Rehabilitation
- Neurological, such as Cerebral Palsy, Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Injury
- Developmental Delay
- Orthopaedic, such as muscle & bone conditions, sports injuries
- Sensory Processing
- Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Genetic Conditions, such as Down’s Syndrome
- Ergonomic Presentations
- Chest Physiotherapy
Get in touch to find out more details about our services in Sheffield and to book your treatment now.
What is the role of an Occupational Therapist?
They focus on helping children to overcome barriers that may stop them from participating in activities that are important to them. They help to increase independence, health and wellbeing. For children & young people occupational activities might include;
- Self-help skills – Washing, dressing, feeding, toileting
- School skills – handwriting, accessing the school environment, concentrating in class
- Play skills – fine motor skills, participation in meaningful play, social skills, accessing hobbies
- Independent living skills – making a meal, managing finances, travelling in the community, shopping
Occupational Therapy Assessment
During the assessment, your occupational therapist will want to understand; what your goals are, what you child struggles with as well as what skills you (and they) would like to improve.
They will observe your child, how they move and how they perform tasks.
We are able to utilise standardised assessments such as, the Sensory Profile 2, which helps understand the needs and difficulties of children with sensory issues or sensory processing disorder.
Occupational Therapy Treatment
We can provide treatment in a number of ways including:
- Regular 1:1 therapy treatment with our occupational therapist
- A programme of exercises & activities to be delivered by parents or school staff
- Recommendation of equipment or devices which will make the activity easier
- Advising the use of assistive technology (such as Apps for your iPad)
- OT led recreation activities
- Supported community activities (such as going on the bus or to the supermarket)There are lots of different treatment strategies in our OT’s toolbox and they will come up with a treatment plan that best suits your child’s individual needs.
Our OT’s can complete detailed reports outlining their findings from their assessment, this can include recommendations for your child’s OT needs such as; requirement for future therapy, equipment, adaptions to their environment and so on.
These reports can be used to help support applications to charities for funding, DLA applications as well as accessing additional help in school. We are able to write reports to assist the EHCP application process.
We write detailed reports as treating therapists to case management companies and solicitors.
Who we help?
Our private occupational therapists assess and treat a wide range of childhood conditions, as well as seeing children who may not have a formal diagnosis.
Here are some of the common conditions that we can help with:
- Neurological conditions; Cerebral Palsy, Acquired Brain Injury, Spinal Injury
- Genetic and chromosome conditions; Down’s Syndrome
- Social communication conditions; Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD
- Developmental conditions; Dyspraxia, Global Developmental Delay
So, if your child:
- Is delayed in achieving their milestones
- Struggles with motor skills other children their age have mastered
- Has poor fine-motor skills or difficulty with manual dexterity
- Struggles with day-to-day activities such as washing, dressing or feeding
- Has difficulty with handwriting or struggling to keeping up with school work
- Is particularly clumsy, falls over or has difficulty planning tasks
- Has sensory difficulties
- Needs specialist equipment to access activities
- Or has a diagnosed condition
Who we work with?
We accept referrals for private occupational therapy near Grantham directly from families as well as working with a number of charities, education authorities, solicitors and case managers. We are treating therapists for a number of case management companies including AKA Case Management, Bush & Co and Harrisons Associates.
Whether you are looking for regular occupational therapy treatment or more of a one-off assessment of your child’s needs we can help.
If you have a concern we are happy to discuss this with you over the phone or via e-mail, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.